New! Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List
A new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) was announced on 2 September 2020.
This list aims to support Australia’s economic recovery after COVID-19 based on advice from the National Skills Commission and consultation with relevant Commonwealth agencies, and comprises:
- 111111: Chief Executive or Managing Director
- 133111: Construction Project Manager
- 233512: Mechanical Engineer
- 253111: General Practitioner
- 253112: Resident Medical Officer
- 253411: Psychiatrist
- 253999: Medical Practitioner nec
- 254111: Midwife
- 254412: Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254415: Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254418: Registered Nurse (Medical)
- 254422: Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- 254423: Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
- 254499: Registered Nurses nec
- 261312: Developer Programmer
- 261313: Software Engineer
- 312911: Maintenance Planner
The PMSOL will be reviewed and updated regularly depending upon its impact and changes in the economy.
Exemptions and Priority Cases
Offshore visa holders who have been sponsored by an Australian business in a PMSOL occupation can request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions but will be subject to a strict 14 day quarantine period on arrival at their own expense.