Matthews Folbigg is the only law firm in Western Sydney which offers a specialist personal and corporate insolvency and restructuring service. Call us today on 1800 300 308
Stephen Mullette, Insolvency Principal, is recommended in the Doyles Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers – New South Wales, 2022.
The team has advised on some of Australia’s largest insolvency and restructuring matters. We are also specialist practitioners in personal insolvency and have dealt for both registered trustees and individuals and creditors affect by personal insolvency matters.
We work closely with insolvency practitioners in a broad range of accounting firms in Greater Western Sydney and Sydney’s CBD as well as regional New South Wales and interstate.
Our client base includes government instrumentalities, external administrators and registered trustees, large and small scale businesses as well as individuals. We work closely with other professionals including accountants and financial planners to ensure the service we provide is best suited to our client’s individual needs.
Our Insolvency, Restructuring and Debt Recovery Group is highly regarded for its creative approach to restructuring and dealing with distressed debt. We have a strong track record of combining technical expertise with commercial acumen, innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Our services enable clients to proactively manage credit risk, such as taxation debt, preserve value in distressed companies and manage exposure to insolvency administration. We pride ourselves on our commerciality, approachability and “no nonsense” style of dealing with issues confronted by our clients.
- Recovery options for creditors, including secured creditors
- Corporate governance advice
- Corporate and personal restructuring
- Appointment of receivers, liquidators and administrators
- Court representation and advice for external administrators, companies (and their directors) and receivers
- Directors’ negotiations with secured creditors and dealing with the appointment of receivers
- Representation to trustees of bankrupt estates
- Individuals on the consequences of bankruptcy
The law relating to bankruptcy has undergone an unprecedented process of change which has profoundly altered the way the law relating to bankruptcy, estate planning strategies and family law interact.
Matthews Folbigg stands alone in Western Sydney in having specialist groups in each of Family Law and Insolvency. Lawyers within each of these groups regularly work together on insolvency issues to ensure all aspects of the changing legal environment are identified and clients are best placed to deal with them confidently.
Our Insolvency & Restructuring Group has proven expertise in representing the interests of all stakeholders in corporate insolvency matters. Our current clients include liquidators, administrators, deed administrators and receivers, as well as secured and unsecured creditors and directors.
Being a separate Insolvency & Restructuring Group within the firm enables us to offer a timely, practical and focused service tailored to each client’s unique situation.
We strive to ensure that our advice and representation improves our client’s position.
Consistent with the firm’s core values, we seek innovative solutions to our client’s insolvency issues, which often means rejecting traditional approaches which may not be best suited to a client’s situation. We regularly work in conjunction with lawyers in the firm’s commercial, property and employment law groups to provide a complete, tailored result.
At Matthews Folbigg we are personal and corporate insolvency and restructuring specialists. This means we understand how bankruptcy trustees and corporate external administrators approach matters, and the laws relating to asset protection and voidable transactions.
This means that we can advise you both in relation to asset protection structures and techniques, and we are also able to assist you, when things become difficult, in negotiating and putting formal and informal proposals and arrangements to creditors under both the Bankruptcy Act and the Corporations Act.
eRecoveries is the logical extension to a company’s own normal credit control procedures, and gives effective collection action at economical cost (if necessary, through the courts.
eRecoveries totally supports a company’s in-house credit policies and procedures and can also be customised to suit the company’s specific needs.
The wide experience of Matthews Folbigg over a broad spectrum of recovery actions, and the immediate access to our litigation and commercial lawyers gives our clients a distinct edge when collecting overdue accounts.
Using eRecoveries saves our clients time and money. When debts are referred to us, through eRecoveries we assume, subject to a client’s instructions, full conduct of all collection action, including:
- conduct of any preliminary enquiries required;
- negotiation of settlements, where appropriate, to our client’s best advantage;
- status and skip trace enquiries, if required;
- issue of Court proceedings;
- conduct of the recovery action through all stages;
- completion of proofs of debt in bankruptcies/liquidations provision of reports at a time and in a format to suit our clients;
- general advice at any time.
We believe that the combination of our highly skilled staff and modern technology, our knowledge of the realities of the modern business world, our legal expertise and our long tradition of quality service to our clients makes our eRecoveries Credit Management service simply the best available.
Key features and benefits of eRecoveries
- value for money;
- cutting edge technology with electronic instructions, delivery, status reports;
- speed – potential delivery of most services within minutes of instructions;
- unsurpassed personalised service, and adherence to service benchmarks;
- constant feedback and information to drive improvement protocols to support a client’s credit management policies;
- free training seminars (as requested);
- regular face-to-face meeting and reviews (as requested);
- advice and assistance with drafting and reviewing terms and conditions, credit applications and guarantees advice and assistance in implementing the new Personal Property Securities (PPS) legislation to your advantage.