Intellectual property comprises valuable assets that every business should be protecting as far as legally possible, and our dedicated lawyers can provide a range of assistance including in respect of:
- advice regarding the different types of intellectual property and how to register and protect same
- due diligence investigations to check ownership, registration/renewal status and encumbrances
- cross-referencing names against already existing domain names, business names, company names, and registered intellectual property
- trade mark registrations and dealing with opposition challenges
- enforcement of intellectual property rights including to seek injunctions and damages
- defending intellectual property infringement claims
- dealing with disputes
- issuing/responding to notices of alleged breach
- confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- protection of ideas and know-how
- intellectual property licensing and transfer agreements
- dealing with moral rights
- waiver and release agreements
If you would like advice in how you may protect your intellectual property or assistance in protecting your rights, please contact our team.
Simone Brew, Principal/Managing Director
Simone is the Managing Director of Matthews Folbigg Lawyers and a Principal in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Environmental, Planning & Local Government groups as well as Intellectual Property. Simone’s experience extends to acting for a myriad of private clients in all state and federal jurisdictions in a wide range of matters, including intellectual property, negligence, contractual and consumer law disputes, and claims for damages.
Simone has a strong record of successfully working with clients to achieve their desired outcomes by combining legal experience with commercial acumen and expertise to ensure achievement of time, cost and quality objectives. Simone frequently advises Councils in relation to privacy and Ombudsman issues.
Her experience extends to all types of litigation in many jurisdictions including District, Supreme, Court of Appeal and the Federal Court.
Hayley Hitch, Senior Associate
Hayley is a Senior Associate in the Insolvency, Restructuring and Debt Recovery and the Intellectual Property areas of the firm.
Hayley has been awarded a Masters of Intellectual Property by the University of Technology Sydney. She also holds a Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Laws by the University of Western Sydney.
Hayley is a registered Trade Marks Attorney with the Trans-Tasman IP Attorneys Board.
Hayley has advocated for clients in the Local, District, Supreme, Federal and Federal Circuit Court, and advised clients on Intellectual Property matters including trade mark applications, trade mark infringement, design applications, breach of copyright, design infringement, patent disputes, licensing agreements and more.
Given Hayley’s arts background, she provides an artistic and creative understanding to matters of Intellectual Property. Her Intellectual Property expertise also benefits her work for clients in insolvency matters when dealing with intellectual property assets and rights for the benefit of creditors.
Dylann Brew, Solicitor
Dylann is a Solicitor in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Environmental, Planning & Local Government, Insolvency, Restructuring and Debt Recovery groups as well as part of our Intellectual Property team.
Dylann completed a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a Commerce degree majoring in marketing. Given Dylann’s marketing background, he provides a detailed understanding of branding and advertising, as well as utilising intellectual property to achieve a business’ marketing goals and aspirations.