Critical Covid Response Items for EVERY Business and Employer
Business Contracts and Leases
Key questions to ask yourself in an effort to reduce losses being suffered:
- can I use contractual and leasing force majeure provisions due to events beyond my reasonable control to cancel, suspend or renegotiate my contracts and leases?
- what happens if I don’t have a force majeure provision?
- can I use the “frustrated contracts” regime to my advantage?
- is Covid a “material adverse event” for contractual purposes?
- what time limits apply to exercise my rights and are there any mandatory procedural requirements I must follow to do so?
As the interaction between contractual wording, legal considerations, and the outcome sought are inherently fact specific, if you would like to discuss your options we invite you to contact a member of our Commercial Law Team on 9635 7966.
Does your contingency planning take into account these fundamental matters:
- can I force staff to take leave?