If you are highly skilled and internationally recognised in:
- Ag Tech
- Fin Tech
- Med Tech
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
and are able to demonstrate either:
- you have an ability to earn at least $153,600 (gross) per year in Australia
- you are a high performing recent PhD or Masters or Honours graduate in one of the target sectors
then the new cheaper and faster Global Talent Program may be a better option for you than the standard visa pathways (eg, via the Skilled Independent visa program).
Horticulture Industry Labour Agreement
If you have experience or qualification as an irrigation designer, agronomist, entomologist, horticulture grower, protected cropping grower, mechanic/truck driver, fork lift driver or machinery supervisor, you may be eligible for some important concessions on your future visa applications including a pathway to permanent residency, reduction to the minimum Temporary Skilled Migration income threshold, exemption to the English language requirement and ability to apply for occupations that are not on the existing Skilled Occupation Lists.