- Insolvency, Restructuring & Debt Recovery
Phone: (02) 9806 7459
Stephen is a specialist insolvency and financial restructuring practitioner.
He has extensive experience in all forms of both corporate and personal insolvency, including bankruptcy, liquidations, voluntary administrations, receiverships, as well as informal and formal financial restructuring. He regularly advises and represents insolvency practitioners and also personal and corporate creditors and debtors in relation to insolvency and restructuring matters.
Stephen regularly appears in Federal, Family and State Supreme Courts on behalf of insolvency practitioners in respect of legal issues involved with insolvency administrations, including trust and property disputes and the recovery of voidable transactions under the Bankruptcy and Corporations Acts.
He also advises on asset protection and acts for individuals and corporations in dealings with insolvency practitioners, negotiating deeds of company arrangement, personal insolvency agreements and compositions, and claims for the recovery and sale of real property as well as disputes over voidable transactions., insolvent trading, and director’s duties as well as the interaction of Family Law with insolvency.
Stephen is a regular writer and speaker on insolvency related topics.
- a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- a member of the Law Council of Australia, Business Law Section, Insolvency and Reconstruction Law Committee;
- a member of the Australian Institute of Credit Management; and
- a Law Society Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, specialising in Insolvency.
He has published numerous articles and contributing author to CCH Australian Master Family Guide on “Bankruptcy and Third Parties” and CCH Family Law and Practice Looseleaf service on “Debt and Bankruptcy”. He is on the Editorial Board for the LexisNexisInsolvency Law Bulletin.