The NSW Government created the ‘Stronger Communities Fund’ to assist amalgamated local councils begin the delivery of projects to improve community infrastructure and services.
Stronger Communities Fund Grants
Grants available are $10 Million for councils formed as a result of two Councils merging. $15 Million is available where three or more Councils merged.
Up to $1 Million of the grant to is available to be allocated to incorporated not-for-profit Community Groups, while the rest of the money is to be spent on infrastructure and services.
Criteria & Assessment
The Stronger Communities Guidelines assist Councils to allocate grants by providing criteria to select community grants, criteria to assess projects and a list of ineligible projects.
Major Projects that are prioritised for funding must:
- have been through a community consultation process;
- demonstrate social and/or economic benefits to the community;
- consider issues of sustainability and equity across the broader community;
- demonstrate project feasibility and value for money, including full lifecycle costs;
- did not have funds allocated by the former councils; and