anonymous People standing and walking on a trade show booth, generic background with a blur effect applied
No Comments

Are you concerned that your former partner is going to take your child overseas without your permission? Speak to one of our family law lawyers today about your options.

Australian Federal Police Watch List

If you do not want your child travelling overseas without your permission, you may consider placing the child on the Australian Federal Police Watch List. The system is designed to alert the police whenever your child is exiting Australia through an international airport or seaport. To place a child on the watch list, you will need to do the following:

  1. Complete a Family Law Watchlist Request Form, and
  2. Have a court order prohibiting the child’s removal from Australia, or, have filed an application for such an order.

If the order is granted, the child will be unable to leave Australia with any adult. It is essential that you act as soon as possible and seek assistance from experienced family law lawyers to guide you through this process.

For advice in relation to the Federal Police Watch List, contact us on 1800 300 170 or email us at



Family law situations can be complex and sometimes they can involve serious issues.  Information outlined is proposed to provide general guidance only. Due to the seriousness of legal matters as well as the uniqueness of your individual situation, professional advice should be sought. For advice, please contact one of our Family Lawyers.