It is often advised by family law lawyers that you attempt to reach an agreement with your former partner without the Courts involvement. This is for multiple reasons including:
- You are able to make your own decisions without them being adjusted by the court
- Reduction of financial and emotional costs and stress of legal proceedings
- Your role as parents is less obstructed by court proceedings
- You can finalise agreements quicker
- It may benefit communication with your partner
In formalising as well as forming the agreement, it is often advised that you seek legal advice from family law lawyers in order to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of your responsibilities and entitlements under the law. This will ensure that your interests are well looked after.
Our specialist family law lawyers can assist and advise you in your property settlement. They can assist you in relation to forming as well as formalising your agreement. Our family law lawyers are able to look at the best outcome for you and give you advice as to your legal rights and entitlements in relation to your marriage settlement, property settlements or child custody rights.