No Comments

Following the breakup of a relationship where children are involved, the children’s short and long term arrangements need to be organised between the parties. This is often difficult given the high emotional nature of separation. If this does become complicated it is suggested that you seek legal advice on child custody laws and assistance to find a solution that caters to the whole family and most importantly the best interests of the child or children involved.

Parenting arrangements, traditionally referent to as ‘custody’ look at things such as:

  • Who the child should live with
  • What parent is responsible for each aspect of the child’s upbringing
  • At what times will the child spend time with the other parent
  • What situations will require the parents to discuss matters relating to the child
  • How parenting arrangements can be altered

It is our hope to assist you in reaching these agreements with the other parent without the requirement of going to court.  Alternatively, we can also assist you in making informal agreements decided by you and the other parent legally binding. However, if both parties are unable to reach a single arrangement, than the court can make and enforce orders for you.

In such circumstances it is advised that you seek legal assistance in order to fully understand your child custody rights under custody law and to thus ensure your child’s best interests are apparent in any formal orders

Our Accredited Family Law Specialists are able to look at the best outcome for you and your children to ensure their interests are well looked after.

Speak to one of them today.

Click here for more information on Parenting and Custody Disputes.

For advice about child custody laws contact us on 1800 300 170 or email us at

Family law situations can be complex and sometimes they can involve serious issues.  Information outlined is proposed to provide general guidance only. Due to the seriousness of legal matters as well as the uniqueness of your individual situation, professional advice should be sought. For advice, please contact one of our Family Lawyers.