The comprehensive review of the Franchise Code of Conduct has resulted in a new Code which will come into effect on 1 January 2015.
Some important changes include:
· New penalties for breaches
· Improved regulatory system
· Improved disclosure obligations (particularly online)
· New good faith obligation
· Default arrangements for restraint clauses
If you are a Franchisor or a Franchisee and you would like a commercial lawyer to review your franchise documentation, please contact us to discuss. Our commercial lawyers can provide advice and ensure your franchise documents comply with the new Franchise Code of Conduct.
Phillip Brophy – firstname.lastname@example.org or 9635 7966