No Comments

A divorce lawyer will advise you that the Court delays in hearing and finalising your property application under the Family Law Act have in some registries became even longer. It is for this reason that the divorce lawyer tries to encourage their client to consider mediation either privately or through the Court.

The Court itself is also considering options to help reduce the back log of cases.  A divorce lawyer will provide information about the PPP Program currently being tried out in some registries including at the Parramatta Federal Circuit Court.

The aim of the program is to:-

  • Identify cases that fall within the guidelines of the program
  • List those cases separately in lists where the progress can be clearly tracked
  • Lessen the amount of required documentation to be filed at Court
  • Provide those parties with the opportunity to participate in a Conciliation Conference before a Registrar (where each party and their divorce lawyer attend).
  • If unresolved at mediation, facilitate those cases being listed before selected Judges who have set aside special allocated Court listing times for the cases to be determined. These lists are in priority over other cases waiting to be heard.

The cases that fall within the program are ones where the total pool of net assets for distribution between the parties is no greater than $500,000. This includes the superannuation entitlement of either party.

Cases that also involve Children or parenting issues are not eligible to participate in the program.

A Divorce Lawyer can provide you with further information as to how the program works and whether it is of benefit to your circumstances.

If you would like to arrange an appointment with a divorce lawyer, contact us on 1800 300 170 or email us at

Family law situations can be complex and sometimes they can involve serious issues.  Information outlined is proposed to provide general guidance only. Due to the seriousness of legal matters as well as the uniqueness of your individual situation, professional advice should be sought. For advice, please contact one of our Family Lawyers.