No Comments

Persons owed money by another person under an order of the Court or child support liability can enforce payment of the debt in the Family Court. One of the methods that child support lawyers  can use to enforce debts is a Third Party Debt Notice. Under this Notice the Court directs a third party to pay money that the third party owes to the respondent to the payee instead of the respondent.

Typically, the third party is an employer of the payer or a bank or building society where the payer has money in an account. When served with a Third Party Debt Notice, any money that you owe to the payer is affected by the Notice. This could be:

  • money payable by an employer (the third party debtor) to the payer, including wages, fees, bonuses, commissions, overtime pay or other money payable in addition to or in lieu of wages, a pension, annuity, vested superannuation money, money payable in lieu of leave, or retirement benefit due or accruing to the payer;
  • money in an account with a financial institution (the third party debtor); or
  • any other sum of money that you (as the third party debtor) owe the payer on the date the enforcement order is served on you.

Click here for more information about child support.

For advice about what child support lawyers can do for you contact us on 1800 300 170 or email us at

Family law situations can be complex and sometimes they can involve serious issues.  Information outlined is proposed to provide general guidance only. Due to the seriousness of legal matters as well as the uniqueness of your individual situation, professional advice should be sought. For advice, please contact one of our Family Lawyers.