The Family Law Watchlist is operated by the Australian Federal Police as a system enacted to alert police on the movement of children on the list. The purpose of the list is to identify children who may be leaving Australia in circumstances whereby:
- A Court parenting order restricts and prevents the child from traveling overseas;
- A court injunction limits or prevents a child from traveling overseas;
- The child is involved in a parenting order application that is currently before the court and limits or prevents the child from traveling overseas;
- The child is involved in an application for an order to be placed on the Family Law Watchlist; or
- The child is involved in a parenting order or injunction under appeal.
Speak to our Family Law team today to guide you through the process and assist you in knowing your entitlements under custody law. Our specialist custody and divorce lawyers are able to look at the best outcome for you and your child or children to ensure their interests and safety are well looked after.
Speak to one of them today.