If you have you been injured due to the negligence of someone else please get in touch with our Personal Injury and Compensation Lawyers
on 1300 773 529. You can be secure knowing that our specialist personal injury lawyers are there to help relieve your worries with 50 years experience dealing with compensation claims in Parramatta and Western Sydney.
What claims can I make under public liability law?
Public liability law covers a broad range of accidents in which you may be eligible for compensation, including:
- Slip and fall on public property. This can cover a range of situations including parks, public places, rental premises, private buildings and places such as supermarkets;
- Accidents that occur on school grounds, recreational areas, parks, sporting events, children’s playgrounds;
- Dog attacks
- Food poisoning.
What do I do?
It is often the case that people come to see their lawyer many months after a fall or after they have sustained an injury.
It is important to keep a record of things that may be important later including:
- Getting medical attention straight away. Seeing a doctor and reporting the accident will go someway to addressing any issue as to the cause of your injury.
- Informing the place where it happened, including the Manager or even lodgment of a claim or incident report form.
- Taking photos of the accident scene on your mobile before any repairs or clean up.
- Noting where the accident took place.
- Photographs of your injury.
- Keeping records of accounts and receipts, who you spoke to including witnesses and other people such as a security guard who took your details.
Time limits do apply to commence court proceedings within 3 years from the time when you became aware of the seriousness of the injury and the fact that this injury may have been caused by the negligence of another party.
What can I claim for?
If you have received an injury due to any of these accidents you may be able to claim damages for the impacts that your injury has had on you life. These effects include:
- Pain and suffering;
- Past and future medical expenses;
- Past and future loss of income;
- Care and domestic assistance, whether provided voluntarily or on a paid basis.
Making a claim
To make a successful public liability claim you must prove that you were owed a duty of care, that duty of care was breached and it could be predicted that this breach would lead to injury or damage.
In the case of a slip and fall claim it must be proven that the fall was due to the failure of the owner of he premises to take reasonable care for your safety whilst on the premises and that you sustained injury as a result of that fall. This may happen in a private home, business or supermarket.
Why Matthews Folbigg?
Our firm are experts in public liability claims and our intricate knowledge allows us to maximize compensation payouts for our clients. We understand the importance of cost and strive to achieve the best outcomes for our clients at a reasonable cost.
Paul Ohm is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law who is highly respected not only within the area of personal injury law but throughout the legal profession.
To ensure the best chances of success in your case, our expert lawyers always prepare thoroughly by obtaining the best evidence available including expert liability, medical and economic loss reports if necessary.
Our clients have come to trust us with high quality legal advice, particularly in relation to prospects of success in resolving their claims.
A Law Society Accredited Specialist will look after your case. We have the experience and expertise you want in fighting a case against an insurance company, you don’t pay a fee unless you win your case.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
We serve all of the legal needs of individuals, government and businesses, regardless of their complexity, throughout all of Sydney and beyond.
We are industry leaders, and we never lose sight of the outcome that you want. We guide you through the legal process to achieve that outcome.
Our growth and our success, comes from the growth and success of our clients.