Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident and believe that you have a claim, contact us at Matthews Folbigg on 1300 773 529.
With 50 years experience with compensation claims, we can help you achieve maximum compensation payouts through our detailed understanding of this complex area of law.
Do I have a motor vehicle accident claim?
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, NSW law allows you to make a claim for compensation. People injured are covered by the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Scheme. You are only able to recover compensation for personal injury if the other party involved in the accident was at fault.
Accidents that may be covered include:
- Drivers injured in an accident where the other vehicle was at fault.
- Passengers injured in an accident with another vehicle.
- A passenger injured in a single vehicle accident.
- Pedestrians and cycling accidents.
- Driver or passenger in a bus or train accident.
What do I do if I am involved in an accident?
- Get medical attention immediately from your doctor.
- Obtaining details of other vehicles and drivers involved including licence plate numbers.
- Taking photographs of the damage and any other relevant things at the scene such as licenses and mobile phone numbers of witnesses.
- Inform the Police as soon as possible and within 28 days.
- Obtaining legal advice.
- Lodging a Notification Form within 28 days.
- Contacting the relevant insurance company of the car at fault to lodge a Claim Form within 6 months of the accident.
Why Matthews Folbigg?
Paul Ohm is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury law and our firm are experts in getting the best possible compensation for people who have sustained injuries in motor vehicle accidents. At Matthews Folbigg we have a detailed knowledge of the Motor Accidents Compensation Scheme and can assist you with your compensation claim.
To ensure the best chances of success in your case, our expert lawyers always prepare thoroughly by obtaining the best evidence available including expert liability, medical and economic loss reports if necessary.
Our clients have come to trust us with high quality legal advice, particularly in relation to prospects of success in resolving their claims.
A Law Society Accredited Specialist will look after your case. We have the experience and expertise you want in fighting a case against an insurance company, you don’t fee a pay unless you win your case.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
We serve all of the legal needs of individuals, government and businesses, regardless of their complexity, throughout all of Sydney and beyond.
We are industry leaders, and we never lose sight of the outcome that you want. We guide you through the legal process to achieve that outcome.
Our growth and our success, comes from the growth and success of our clients.