What are the reasons?
There are many – for example:
- the Department may decide you have failed to satisfy one of the requirements for the visa (refusal)
- the Department may decide you have received a serious criminal conviction/charges or were found to have provided incorrect information in your visa application (cancellation)
- the Department may have made a mistake
What can I do?
Time is critical in appealing the refusal or cancellation decision.
If you miss the deadline to appeal:
- you will lose all of your rights to continue with your application
- the Department’s decision will be final
Making a valid application to appeal is also very important. Not all refusals and cancellations automatically allow a right to appeal.
If you are in detention, please call us immediately as you only have a very short window to act on any refusal or cancellation.
- assess your situation and identify the best plan to address the refusal or cancellation
- review your evidence, make your appeal submission and represent you in dealing with the Department and the Administrative Appeal Tribunal (AAT)
REQUEST A CALL BACK
We serve all of the legal needs of individuals, government and businesses, regardless of their complexity, throughout all of Sydney and beyond.
We are industry leaders, and we never lose sight of the outcome that you want. We guide you through the legal process to achieve that outcome.
Our growth and our success, comes from the growth and success of our clients.