What is a Protection Visa?
If you first arrive in Australia with a valid visa, an application for the protection visa might allow you to remain in Australia permanently.
If you arrived in Australia without a valid visa, you will not be able to apply for a permanent protection visa. However, you might be eligible for a temporary protection visa.
Do note that you should talk to us before relying on any information provided by us on our website as the legal and regulatory requirements for these visa subclasses are complex.
What are the requirements to be granted protection and/or refugee status?
Among other things, as a protection visa applicant, you need to demonstrate:
- you are outside of your home country (or the country where you have established a habitual residence)
- you have a well-founded fear of persecution in your home country or former country of residence
- the authority in your home country (or country of former residence) cannot protect you
- you cannot modify your behaviour to avoid persecution
- OR there is a real risk that you will suffer significant harm, i.e be arbitrarily deprived of your life or have a death penalty carried out on you or will suffer from torture or other cruel or inhuman treatment
How we can help
- assessment of your protection claims
- assistance in drafting submission, making your claims for protection and lodging the visa application on your behalf
- resolving complexity: lack of evidence, illegal status, visa refusal, cancellation and character issue.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
We serve all of the legal needs of individuals, government and businesses, regardless of their complexity, throughout all of Sydney and beyond.
We are industry leaders, and we never lose sight of the outcome that you want. We guide you through the legal process to achieve that outcome.
Our growth and our success, comes from the growth and success of our clients.