What is an Employer Sponsored Visa?
A work visa allows Australian businesses to employ overseas worker and allow foreign nationals to come and remain in Australia for work.
There are four (4) main visa subclasses under this category:
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa or TSS (subclass 482)
- Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
Who might be able to sponsor a foreign worker?
- sole trader;
- proprietary companies;
- public companies;
- government departments;
- statutory authorities;
- not-for-profit organisations; and
- educational institutions;
What are the requirements for sponsoring a foreign worker that might apply to you?
There are many requirements, but notably:
- the business has made the correct application in accordance with the regulations;
- the business is a lawful and operating business;
- the business can demonstrate that it has a strong record of or commitment to employing local labour and has declared that it will not engage in discriminatory recruitment practices;
- there is no adverse information known to the Department about the business; and
- if the business is not operating in Australia, the business is to demonstrate that it is lawfully operating in an overseas country and is seeking to be approved as a sponsor to establish a business operation in Australia or to fulfilling a contractual obligations.
The TSS application process
There are three stages to apply for the TSS visa:
- Sponsorship: the business applies to be an approved standard business sponsor. The main goal of this application is proving that the business is a legal and operating entity.
- Nomination: the business applies to nominate an occupation for the sponsored foreign worker. The main goal of this application is proving that the business requires someone who is skilled in the nominated occupation and has not been able to find that person in Australia.
- Visa Application: the foreign worker applies for the visa. This is the final step. The main goal of this application is for the foreign worker to prove that he or she is a person of good health and character and is suitable to be granted a visa in Australia.
How can we help you?
- pre-assessment of your business (if you are sponsoring a foreign worker) and your skill/experience/qualification (if you are the visa applicant)
- providing brief, up to date advice and visa lodgement in a cost-effective and transparent manner
REQUEST A CALL BACK
We serve all of the legal needs of individuals, government and businesses, regardless of their complexity, throughout all of Sydney and beyond.
We are industry leaders, and we never lose sight of the outcome that you want. We guide you through the legal process to achieve that outcome.
Our growth and our success, comes from the growth and success of our clients.