- Workplace Solutions
Phone: (02) 9806 7469
Shawn is a specialist in industrial law and employment law with over 22 years’ experience.
He previously worked for a peak employer organisation providing services to employers in all areas of industrial relations and workplace matters.
Now in private legal practice for over 16 years, Shawn’s clients benefit from his in depth industry knowledge and his advice and representation in all industrial tribunals including the Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court, the Supreme Court of NSW, the Fair Work Commission and the Industrial Relations Commission of NSW.
He has specialist expertise in industrial and employment law across a broad range of industries, with in-depth knowledge and experience in local government, the cemetery, crematoria and funeral industries, retail, waste collection and recycling industries, recreation and hospitality industries and the transport industry.
Shawn has a practical approach to advising and resolving complex and sensitive employment related issues.
He frequently assists clients in the following areas:
- the negotiation, variation and termination of enterprise agreements
- award interpretation
- drafting and negotiating contracts of employment
- representation in workplace and employment litigation including advice and representation in interlocutory proceedings
- representation and advice in discrimination, harassment and bullying claims
- industrial disputes in the Fair Work Commission and the Industrial Relations Commission of NSW
- change management resulting from business acquisition, divestments, and restructures including transmission of business.
- Grad Dip Legal Practice
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of the Industrial Relations Society of New South Wales